BOSCH eBike System
If your Bosch eBike system develops a fault related to the eBike drive, we recommend consulting a professional bicycle retailer specialising in eBikes. The retailer will have all the right special tools such as a software diagnosis tool to identify the exact problem. Even ambitious bicycle repair enthusiasts may not be able to repair the fault and there is a significant risk that improper repairs will compromise the safety of the overall system.
For the drive unit and display components, the operating temperature is – 5°C to +40°C and the storage temperature is +10°C to +40°C. The ideal storage temperature for the battery is +10°C to +20°C.
What is the service life of the battery and how can I extend this service life?
For long life, consider the following:
Charging: The batteries should be charged at room temperature in a dry location where a smoke detector is installed.
Cleaning & care: A damp cloth is recommended for cleaning the battery. The plug poles should be cleaned occasionally and lightly greased with medical/technical Vaseline. The battery should first be removed before cleaning the eBike. To protect the electronic components, the batteries must not be cleaned with a direct jet of water or high pressure
Heat: Make sure to park the eBike in the shade or in a cool room. The eBike battery can be damaged at high temperatures, which is why excessive heating and direct sunlight should be avoided. The intelligent Bosch battery management system protects the battery from excessive operating temperatures and ensures safe operation.
Winter use: In winter use (especially below 0 °C), we recommend only inserting the charged and stored battery into the eBike shortly before starting the journey. For longer journeys in cold conditions, it is advisable to use thermal protective covers
Storage during winter The ideal charge status for lengthy periods of storage is approx. 30 to 60% or two to three LEDs on the battery indicator. Store your battery at a temperature between 10 and 20 °C. With appropriate use and treatment, the distance covered by a Bosch eBike battery during its service life can even reach up to 60,000 km.
What do I need to watch for in case of intense sun exposure?
If the temperature is too high, the on-board computer switches off automatically and cannot be switched on again until the temperature has dropped. All components (especially the eBike battery) can be damaged by extreme temperatures.
Never ride or transport your Voima without the battery compartment being covered.
Charging can be done either by connecting the Bosch 4A Charger to the bike’s charging plug or removing the battery from the frame and charging it separately. Charging time from empty to full is approximately 6 hours. It is recommended not to keep the battery connected to the charger for long periods of time. To get the best out of your battery store it in under 30°C (preferably between 10 to 20°C). The optimal charge status of long storage is between 30 to 60% battery charge.
BOSCH ANNUAL CHECK-UP
Have your e-bike system checked by an expert at least once a year, including mechanical parts, and to check that the system software is up-to-date.
Before Every Ride
• Check the frame and fork for signs of stress: scratches, cracks, dents, deformation or discoloration. Inspect the chainstay guard and ensure it is correctly and securely attached.
• Check that the wheels are true
• Check the tire pressure
• Check the brakes, including brake pads and brake lines
• Check that both wheels are secure
• Check that the handlebar and stem are correctly positioned and inspect for signs of stress: scratches, cracks, dents, deformities, and discoloration
• Check that the suspension settings are right for you
• Check that the lighting system and reflectors are in good working order
• Check that the saddle and seat post are correctly positioned and tightened
• Check for smooth shifting operation
• Lubricate the chain
• Check that all bolts are tightened to proper torque specifications. Make sure to include pedals and any accessories or luggage carriers.
• Check frame linkage axles tightening torques
• Check the rims and spokes for damage
• Clean the bicycle
• Check the tires for damage and wear
• Clean dust seals on suspension
Every Three Months
• Inspect the drivetrain for wear
• Inspect the crank arms and pedals
• Check tire sealant levels
• Inspect suspension parts for wear
• Annual servicing at your dealer: overhaul service and inspection of the frame, suspension, and all other components. Repair, service, and/or replace parts as needed
• Clean and lubricate all parts as recommended by your component manufacturer’s instructions or consult your dealer
• Check for service instructions and intervals for your frame at www.polebicycles.com
• All components are subjected to wear and high stresses. Materials and components may react to wear or stress fatigue in different ways. If the design life of a component has been exceeded, it may fail causing injuries.
• Any form of crack, scratches or change of colouring in highly stressed areas indicate that the life of the component has been reached and it should be replaced.
• Use only genuine replacement parts! preferably using identical parts when replacing worn or broken parts.
• Most parts have product identification information and more details can be found in this manual, refer to chapter ‘Components’. If unavailable or you have additional questions contact our support for more details at firstname.lastname@example.org.